BioFrontiers drives innovation without boundaries
At the University of Colorado BioFrontiers Institute, researchers from the life sciences, physical sciences, computer science and engineering are working together to uncover new knowledge at the frontiers of science, and partnering with industry to make their discoveries relevant.
BioFrontiers has a unique “frontier” culture that allows our researchers to explore new areas of bioscience by leveraging the resources and talents across the institute and across the university system. The Institute integrates faculty members from ten academic departments, allowing them to work across disciplines. These departments include:
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Integrative Physiology
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Geological Sciences
- Working with large datasets and genomics to extract data and model biological processes.
- Using bioimaging to visualize, measure and understand biological processes.
- Creating new therapeutic paradigms to support the development of new drugs, vaccines and approaches to improve human health.
- Studying regenerative biology to engineer new medical solutions.