Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The Biofrontiers Institute offers many different research opportunities for undergraduates, including:
- Work in the labs of Biofrontiers faculty by contacting specific faculty members. Opportunities exist for the school year and over the summer
- Biofrontiers works with the Biological Sciences Initiative to place and fund undergraduate student research. Check their website for more information.
- Biofrontiers also works with the Colorado Diversity Initiative's SMART program to place and fund undergraduate research of underrepresented minority students over the summer. Check their website for more information.
- Many of our faculty also participate in the Meyerhoff Scholars Program and HHMI's EXROP program.
- BioFrontiers sponsors a team in the International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) competition.
- The Colorado Advantage Program is intended to introduce college seniors interested in graduate school (PhD) to the outstanding Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) doctoral programs at CU-Boulder. The Colorado Advantage Program will be having a Gradute Preview Weekend on November 1-3, 2012. This is an opportunity to preview the Chemistry and Biochemisty PhD Programs at CU-Boulder. Application and details about this weekend are here.