Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The Biofrontiers Institute offers many different research opportunities for undergraduates, including:
- Work in the labs of Biofrontiers faculty by contacting specific faculty members. Opportunities exist for the school year and over the summer
- Biofrontiers works with the Biological Sciences Initiative to place and fund undergraduate student research. Check their website for more information.
- Biofrontiers also works with the Colorado Diversity Initiative's SMART program to place and fund undergraduate research of underrepresented minority students over the summer. Check their website for more information.
- Many of our faculty also participate in the Meyerhoff Scholars Program and HHMI's EXROP program.
- BioFrontiers sponsors a team in the International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM) competition.
- The Colorado Advantage Program is intended to introduce college seniors interested in graduate school (PhD) to the outstanding Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) doctoral programs at CU-Boulder. The Colorado Advantage Program has a Graduate Preview Weekend each fall. It is full this fall 2013 but please check the link above for the fall 2014 information.
Undergraduate travel opportunities to EU
The BioFrontiers Institute and the Colorado European Union Center of Excellence (CEUCE) are collaborating on an opportunity to send an undergraduate student to a research conference, workshop or laboratory in the European Union. CEUCE priorities are to provide students the opportunity to visit Europe to gain a first-hand appreciation of science in the EU. The student’s research area must be within the mission of the BioFrontiers Institute. Application deadline is January 31, 2014. Travel must be completed and reimbursements requested by August 31, 2014.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. A completed application form
2. An unofficial copy of the student transcript
3. A faculty nomination (including completed form and a letter of support)
Please contact Andrea Stith if you have any questions about the application. Completed applications and letters of reference can also be emailed to Andrea at email@example.com.