BioFrontiers Advanced Light Microscopy Core
Click here to request a training on our equipment.
Click here to acknowledge the core in a publication, presentation, or a poster.
Current demands in biological research require the capability to observe cellular and sub-cellular events and phenomena both punctually as well as over time. The BioFrontiers Advanced Light Microscopy Core is capable to meet these imaging needs. The low signal levels that result from biologically important processes, as well as the spatio-temporal dynamic nature of these processes (3D; millisecond timescales; longitudinal observation), necessitates the use of versatile, reconfigurable, high-speed, and high-sensitivity imaging technologies. Multiple imaging technologies are housed within the BioFrontiers Advanced Light Microscopy Core that can meet these rigorous demands, ranging from conventional widefield to state-of-the-art Super Resolution/localization microscopies.
The following imaging technologies are available for use:
- N-STORM Superresolution Microscopy
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy
- Widefield Fluorescence Microscopy
- Spinning Disc Confocal Microscopy
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF) Microscopy
- Long-Term Imaging with Temperature, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Humidity Control.
- High-Content Screening
- Analysis Workstation